HES 493 - INTERNSHIP PROCESS
1. GENERAL INTERN INFORMATION MEETING
The Spring 2014 General Intern Information Meeting is open to all students and will be held on September 24, 2014. The meeting information is included in the flyer.
The Senior Intern Session (for seniors only) that immediately follows will provide the student with application information for an internship. Only seniors will receive the email with the link for the Exercise Science Internship Application. A sign-up sheet to meet with the Internship Coordinator to discuss specifics about your internship will be available at the Senior Intern Session. The Internship power-point presentation will also be distributed along with the criminal background information and the drug testing information.
2. BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH THE INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR
The completed Exercise Science Internship Application form must be submitted by the October 22, 2014 due date and before your appointment date/time with the Internship Coordinator.
|The following information will be required:|
3. DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH THE INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR
A review of the Exercise Internship Application form and discussion of the next steps in the process will take place.
- Review Pre-Requisites. See Section I and II.
- Make appointment for criminal background check. See Section III.
- Make appointment for drug screening. See Section IV.
- Receive Internship Profile.
- Review universal precautions. – Click on powerpoint presentation.
- Review the DVD on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) on reserve at the Library.
- Take HIPAA Quiz.
4. MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE ON-SITE INTERVIEW:
- Submit Internship Profile. Due Date is November 25, 2014.
- Review Internship Sites.
- Make appointment for an on-site interview at proposed internship site. If accepted, site supervisor needs to complete Intern Acceptance Form.
- Return signed Intern Acceptance Form to Dr. Faigenbaum.
- Sign completed Internship Enrollment Form. HES Office will contact you when form is ready. The course will be entered into PAWS when complete.